Sunday, July 10, 2011

Psalm 139

I have been finding this piece of scripture to be encouraging to me in the last while. Sometimes its easy to forget that God already has every page of our book written, that He has already figured out and thought about every last little detail of our lives. Not one single part or detail or moment has He left out - health, finances and work, friends and family, relationships, what we do and where we go, who we meet and when we meet them, what He has called us to do He has already equipped us with exactly what we need to accomplish it, from our personality to how our charactor is built and developed to who we need in our lives and the exact time that we need them. God never lies, and in His Word He has promised us that our steps are ordained and ordered and guided by Him for success and blessing because He is not a God of failure or defeat. He has already planned on how to bring us out of whatever situation we are in, so we can live in peace. When things get tough and I get stressed out, I know I sometimes still have to remind myself of this (even having grown up in a christian home and in the church and hearing it often), simply for the fact it can be easy to get caught up in looking at the immediate circumstances around me rather than at what is ahead... and this is why I love this part of the Word because it reminds me again of Who is really in control =)



"You have searched me Lord, and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

You see my thoughts from afar;

You discern my going out and my lying down;

You are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is even on my tongue,

You, Lord, know it completely.

You hem me in behind and before,

You lay Your Hand on me.

Where can I go from Your Presence?

Where can I flee from Your Spirit?

If I go up to the heavens, You are there;

If I make my bed in the depths, You are there;

If I rise on the wings of dawn,

If I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there Your Hand will guide me.

Your right Hand will hold me fast.

If I say "Surely the darkness will hide me

and the light will become night around me",

even the darkness will not be dark to You.

The night will shine like the day, for darkness

is as light to You.

For You created my inmost being;

You knit me together in my mother's womb;

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

My frame was not hidden from You

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed body

and all the days ordained for me were

written in Your book before even one of them came to be.

How precious to me are Your thoughts, God !

How vast is the sum of them !

Were I to count them, they would outnumber

the grains of sand;

and yet when I wake, I am still with You"

~ Psalm 139:1-18








No comments:

Post a Comment